5 reasons to buy wine from Dunleavy Vineyards
In our latest 5 reasons post Ingrid Bates of Dunleavy Vineyards in Somerset argues why you should support a really small producer.
"About 70% of my wine is normally sold to restaurants so with all of them closed currently we’ve been trying to spread the word about our offer of free local delivery and now free UK mainland delivery.
I’m lucky to live in a city where people love local produce so as word spreads I am getting quite a few orders locally and across the UK. I am hoping this may change the buying behaviour of people who normally only buy from bigger retailers. It’s fun to try good local wine."
5 reasons to buy from us:
1. Have a direct, positive impact with a tiddly producer. Despite social media appearances, Dunleavy wine is the product of two people; grower and business owner Ingrid & winemaker Steve all based in Bristol/Somerset.
2. Our wines are really good! That should be the first reason or equal first if that’s possible. The proof is in the fact that some of the best restaurants in Bristol, Bath and London normally sell our wine.
3. We try new things and aren’t tied to convention - we have an unusual sparkly red that is amazing.*
4. We aren’t organic but grow as sustainably as we can - we love nature and wildlife (Ingrid has a background in Biology and Entomology).
5. Our wines are fun! We have very cool labels and love sharing our story on social media. You can follow the seasons of our growing year on social media (insta/Facebook/Twitter) as the various stages of the vineyard year pass.
You can order from us online at http://www.dunleavyvineyards.co.uk
and find us on
* I also love their pinot noir rosé FB.
If you found this post helpful and would like to support the website which is free to use please subscribe to my crowdfunder newsletter Eat This Drink That at fionabeckett.substack.com