5 reasons to buy from Polgoon
I visited Polgoon a few years ago and it's a lovely place. Here's what they say about their business.
1. Polgoon is a small family run vineyard on the outskirts of Penzance, Cornwall. We are a single estate vineyard producing a range of award winning still and sparkling wines.
2. Run by husband and wife Kim and John Coulson who started life as fish merchants, they then went on to by a derelict farm overlooking the sea and decided to use the land to grow different varieties of vines.
3. Kim, John and family love where they live and have a strong ethos to use the land and the resources around them. Their primary focus is in the vineyard to produce the best fruit they can and let that tell the story in the wines.
4. All of the products are vegan-friendly and we use sustainable practices both in our winemaking and in the vineyard. We were the first business to become plastic-free in Penzance and daughters Emma and Millie continue to find new ways to be environmentally-friendly.
5. Because of the mild weather of recent years Polgoon took a brave step and planted some Sauvignon Blanc and are now into their second vintage of a single variety, single estate Sauvignon which is a first for the UK.
You can find the range of wines, ciders and soft drinks produced by Polgoon online and if you enter code LOVE in the checkout you will receive 10% discount.
If you found this post helpful and would like to support the website which is free to use please subscribe to my crowdfunder newsletter Eat This Drink That at fionabeckett.substack.com