Pairings | Cheese
6 of the best matches for Brie
One of the world's most popular cheeses Brie can be mild and slightly chalky or decadently gooey and quite strong in flavour. Try one of these top wine and other matches:
* Fruity reds such as New Zealand or Chilean Pinot Noir. (More mature Bries will need more powerful structured wines such as those from Central Otago.) Or try a fruity (but not too tannic) Merlot or a ripe 'cru' Beaujolais from a good vintage like 2009.
* A fruity dry rosé
* A creamy, subtly oaked Chardonnay
* A blanc de blancs Champagne or Chardonnay-based sparkling wine
* A cherry or raspberry-flavoured fruit beer (Kriek and Frambozen)
* Guignolet (a cherry-flavoured French aperitif)
Got other ideas? Do email your favourite pairings to us at email@example.com. To subscribe to our free monthly newsletter and be eligible to enter our fabulous prize draws click here or to get notice of posts as soon as they're published click here.