Competitions and offers
Win the ultimate cheeselover’s hamper from Peter’s Yard
I’ve been a fan of Peter’s Yard since they first arrived on the scene in 2008 and regularly buy their delicious sourdough Scandi-inspired crispbreads. Each batch begins with a 45-year-old sourdough starter which is slowly fermented for 16 hours - it’s the long, slow proving that’s the secret of their crispness and flavour.
Peter’s Yard take great care in sourcing the ingredients for all its range using British ingredients where they can. This includes Shipton Mill flour, organic milk, Anglesey sea salt and Hillfarm rapeseed oil. They never add anything artificial and would never use palm oil or hydrogenated fats.
Their award-winning range is now 20 strong and includes other hand-baked products such as crackers, flatbreads and sourdough bites. They're stocked in over 2,000 independent delicatessens, cheese shops, specialist shops and farm shops including Fortnum & Mason, Selfridges and Harvey Nichols. They are also available in Waitrose, Sainsbury's, Ocado, Whole Foods Market and Booths.
The hamper combines everything you need to put together the ultimate cheeseboard, whether sharing with friends, or a week's worth of indulgence. From a selection of award winning British cheeses* to some delicious accompaniments - truffle honey among them - and a full range of Peter's Yard crispbreads and crackers to pair with them. As if that wasn’t enough of a treat, there’s also a bottle of Laurent Perrier vintage champagne!
Finally, to keep the Scandi vibe going long after the cheeseboard ends, they’ve included a copy of a beautiful cookbook, Smorgasbord, on which they collaborated with food writer Signe Johansen (you can find one of the recipes here but there are more on the Peter's Yard website).
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Monday May 31st 2021 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter.
* The cheeses include 250g of Tunworth from the Hampshire Cheese Co and Baron Bigod from Fen Farm Dairy (250g), and 500g each of Keen’s cheddar, Lincolnshire Poacher and Bath Blue. No substitutions can be requested.
This is an advertising feature in association with Peter’s Yard. For full terms and conditions, see below.
There are no active competitions at the moment.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Peter’s Yard, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the Peter’s Yard Cheeselover’s Hamper described above. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Monday May 31st 2021. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Monday June 14th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after June 30th 2021.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.