Competitions and offers
Win six bottles of super-premium Cava de Paraje
We have a really great prize for all you sparkling wine enthusiasts out there - a six bottle case of super-premium Cava. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED BUT DON'T WORRY, THERE WILL BE A NEW ONE SOON!
You didn’t know Cava was a serious sparkling wine? You need to think again. Producers in this part of Spain (Cava is made just outside Barcelona) are making wines that compare with vintage Champagne - the Cavas below all sell for between £55 and £100.
These premium single vineyard Cavas are classified Cavas de Paraje Calificado and very few of them are made. They’re the sort of bottles to enjoy with a meal rather than just sip as an aperitif (though, hey, no-one’s stopping you!). Think of drinking them with a lovely crispy roast chicken, some scallops or (better still) a grilled lobster. Oh, and almost anything with truffles.
Here are the six cavas in the case - click the link on each one to find out more about them (there are some videos too)
1. El Tros Nou by Codorniu
2. Can Sala by Freixenet
3. Reserva Familiar by Finca Sabate I Coca
4. Turo d’en Mota by Recaredo
5. Claror by Vins El Cep
6. La Capella by Juve y Camps
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday September 30th 2018 and you must live in the UK to enter. For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, D.O. Cava, the Cava producers featured, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible.
4. The prize consists of the case of six Cavas detailed above. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday September 30th. The winner will be drawn at random from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by Monday October 15th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. Our lawful basis for collecting and processing this data is legitimate interest. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send you our newsletter. Our lawful basis for collecting and processing this data is consent. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after October 31st 2018.
Got other ideas? Do email your favourite pairings to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. To subscribe to our free monthly newsletter and be eligible to enter our fabulous prize draws click here or to get notice of posts as soon as they're published click here.