Competitions and offers
Win an amazing Catena malbec and asado experience
Some of the best barbecues I’ve had have been in Argentina where they have perfected the art of ‘asado’ - and have one of the best wines, in the form of malbec, to drink with it. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
So we were thrilled when Argentinian producer Catena came up with the idea of creating a malbec camp experience at home.
The prize includes a virtual barbecue/asado masterclass, with a deluxe meat box provided via Casa Argentina, plus a case of DV Catena Malbec wines, a copy of Laura Catena’s Gold in the Vineyard book and a virtual tour of Catena’s strikingly beautiful La Piramide winery which I’ve been lucky enough to visit myself on a couple of occasions.
The winner will receive the meat box and wine in advance and the experience, which can take place on a date and time that suits both you and the winery (see T & Cs below), will start with a virtual tour of the Piramide winery over a glass of malbec, in the company of the winemaker. Then you’ll be able to follow the asado masterclass step by step on Zoom.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Wednesday June 30th 2021 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter.
This is an advertising feature in association with Catena. For full terms and conditions, see below.
There are no active competitions at the moment.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Catena, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the Catena malbec and asado experience described above. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The date for the tour and the masterclass will be agreed in advance with the winner although the time will need to tie in with Argentinian time which is currently 4 hrs behind the UK. The winner will receive delivery of the malbec hamper a day or two in advance – the different cuts of meat together with the wine and the book. (The meat and the wine/book may arrive in separate deliveries). The tour and masterclass together will take around 1 hour
6. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Wednesday June 30th 2021. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Thursday July 15th and will be notified by e-mail.
7. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
8. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
9. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
10. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after July 31st 2021.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.