Competitions and offers
Win a Netherton Foundry black iron barbecue and a copy of Charred
After the blazing Easter we had it’s hard to believe we’re in the same season but let’s remain optimistic and think about all the amazing opportunities we’re going to have to cook out of doors this summer. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
And to inspire you we’ve got two barbecues for you to win from the fabulous Netherton Foundry who make the most beautiful pans and grills (you may remember we did a competition with them a while ago)
They’ve just added a portable 15 inch black iron barbecue or chapa to their range which you could use anywhere from a small patio to the beach. Chapas were used by Argentinian gauchos and were simply a way of cooking over hot embers or fire.
The legs are detachable, making them compact and easy to store and transport.
We’ve also thrown in for each of our two winners a copy of my friend Genevieve Taylor’s marvellous new book Charred: the complete guide to vegetarian grilling and barbecue. Gen is a brilliant outdoor cook whose previous books include The Ultimate Wood Fired Oven Cookbook and How to Eat Outside.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday June 2nd 2019 and you must live in the UK to enter. For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Netherton Foundry, Quadrille Publishing Ltd, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. You may only enter the competition once.
4. The prize consists of one of the two cast-iron barbecues described above along with a copy of Genevieve Taylor’s Charred and will be drawn at random. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday June 2nd 2019. The winners will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by Friday June 14th 2019 and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winners’ surnames will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after June 30th 2019.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.