Competitions and offers
Win a luxury Spanish food and wine hamper from Mercado 44
One of our most popular competitions last year was a luxury Spanish food and wine hamper from my mates Owen and Tom Morgan of Bar 44 who have the most brilliant restaurants and tapas bars in Bristol and Cardiff and I’ve managed to twist their arm to do it again.
They also have an online shop Mercado 44 from which they’ve picked a fabulous selection of food and wine worth £250.
It will include a selection of luxury Spanish ingredients including 100% bellota grade hand carved jamón Ibérico, Don Bocarte Cantabrian anchovies, Riojan white asparagus, Wood fired Restaurant Gueyumar preserved seafood from Asturias, a litre of their own extra virgin olive oil, Valdespino sherry vinegar and a selection of delicious savoury and sweet snacks.
There are also six wines including the Bar 44 manzanilla en Rama (one of my favourite sherries), two brilliant Spanish whites and reds and a bottle of Vilarnau’s organic Cava plus a copy of their recipe book ‘Bar 44 tapas y copas’ to inspire you. The book also has chapters on sherry, Spanish wine, gin, Spanish cider, cocktails, and vermut (vermouth) as well as pairings for each of the recipes.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday February 12th 2023 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter.
This is an advertising feature in association with Mercado 44. For full terms and conditions, see below.
Please fill in the form below to enter our competition.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Mercado 44, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the hamper contents described above. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday February 12th 2023. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Tuesday 28th February and will be notified by e-mail.
7. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
8. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
9. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
10. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after March 15th 2022
If you found this post helpful and would like to support the website which is free to use please subscribe to my crowdfunder newsletter Eat This Drink That at fionabeckett.substack.com