Competitions and offers
Win a fantastic Spanish food and wine hamper from Mercado 44
We all need to escape in January, if not in person then at least through food and drink and I can think of no better people to make that happen than Owen and Tom Morgan of Bar 44 who have the most brilliant restaurants and tapas bars in Bristol and Cardiff.
They also have an online shop Mercado 44 from which they’ve picked this fabulous selection of food and wine
Owen writes: “The hamper celebrates some of Spain’s very finest ingredients and artisan producers, whether in the form of indulgent ready to eat nibbles, or finish-at-home dishes to enjoy with the wines we’ve selected.
The new 44 book ‘Bar 44 tapas y copas' is out now and has already received critical acclaim for its production, recipes, photography and stories and was picked as one of Daily Mail restaurant critic Tom Parker-Bowles top books of 2021.
The book usefully pairs all 100 of its recipes with a drink, and also has chapters on sherry, Spanish wine, gin, Spanish cider, cocktails, and vermut (vermouth).
The lucky winner will be able to create a wonderful feast of food and drink at home focused around recipes and ideas from the book
The hamper will include
A copy of the book, signed by Owen and Tom
I litre tin of Rama 44 Extra Virgin Olive Oil
The olive oil Bar 44 has produced in Granada for the last 5 years, perfect on any kitchen worktop.
Pan con tomate DIY kit
Sliced sourdough to make the perfect pan con tomate
Penjar tomato. The only tomato to use for top notch pan con tomate
Gilda making kit
Gildas, the ultimate San Sebastian bar hopping pintxo, named after Rita Hayworth when she was filming there in the 1940’s. Gilda was her character name, and was particularly fiery!
It includes Pepinillos, Guindilla peppers, Bar 44 Gordal olives and Don Bocarta Cantabrian anchovies
Gueyumar is one of the finest fish asadores in the world. It sits on the secluded beach outside the fishing town of Ribadesella in Asturias. We spent some wonderful time in the kitchens there, and they also grill and preserve their own fish, which are simply unbeatable.
Includes: Oak grilled sardines, Mussels in escabeche
Finish at home dishes from the kitchen
All prepared from the Bar 44 book, you just have to give them the final flourish.
Natural organic Leon chorizo poached in Trabanco sidra
Jamón Ibérico croquetas
Coal roast Asador 44 peppers
Citrus cured sea bream, orange, radish
Cecina (oak smoked and cured Castillian beef), Picos blue, hazelnut and fig ensalada
Trufas – dark chocolate and white chocolate hazelnut truffles
The drinks will include
Bottle of Manzanilla 44 en Rama
Our own bottling created with Bodegas Baron, an historic Sanlucar producer.
Bottle of Vilarnau limited edition organic cava
In a stunning tile-patterned bottle, this is a classic Brut Penedes cava, perfect for enjoying any of our tapas
Bottle of Nereida blanca, Ribeiro
An excellent blend of native Galician grapes, perfect for fish, seafood and vegetables.
Bottle of Uva 44, Jumilla
A tiny production Bar 44 bottling. An organic blend focusing mainly on the resurgent native Monastrell grape. From old bush vines surrounding the Ego Bodegas winery, this red is a winner with chorizo, beef dishes. Give it a go with the dark truffles too.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Monday January 31st 2022 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter.
This is an advertising feature in association with Mercado 44. For full terms and conditions, see below.
There are no active competitions at the moment.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Mercado 44, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the hamper contents described above. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Monday January 31st 2022. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Monday February 14th 2022 and will be notified by e-mail.
7. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
8. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
9. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
10. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after February 28th 2022
If you found this post helpful and would like to support the website which is free to use it would be great if you'd make a donation towards its running costs or sign up to my regular Substack newsletter Eat This, Drink That for extra benefits.