Competitions and offers
Win a fantastic Hawksmoor steak box for two
Now I know this month’s prize might be considered unsuitable for January being neither meat-, carb- or alcohol-free but given we’re all in lockdown AGAIN we thought it might be welcome. Especially if you’re a Hawksmoor fan and can’t get to the restaurants currently.
I’ve persuaded my son Will* to offer not just one but two of their fabulous Porterhouse boxes worth £125 each. You can find the exact contents on the Hawksmoor website but here's how they describe it:
"The star of the show is a properly dry-aged giant Porterhouse for 2, from the same traditional breed grass-fed beef served in our restaurants. Along with everything you need to make bone marrow gravy alongside our Executive Chef - Matt Brown's ultimate oven chips and creamed spinach. Finish off the evening with a large sticky toffee pudding to share with our favourite clotted cream to dollop on top.
To get you in the mood? A specially created bottle of Hawksmoor Ultimate Martini you just need to stick in the freezer for a couple of hours, no shaking, no stirring, the perfect martini every time. There’s also a bottle of one of our favourite wines, Rosso Braida, and a couple of Hawksmoor IPAs."
Now you’ll need to be on the ball with this one because the closing date is earlier than usual at 11.59pm GMT on Wednesday January 20th and we will need our winners to accept the prize by return in order to have it out for delivery the following week - the last week when that particular box is going to be available.
You will also need to consume the contents within two days of delivery - they are not suitable for home freezing.
For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over living in England, Wales and mainland Scotland other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Hawksmoor restaurants, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the Porterhouse steak box described above. The prize is redeemable for the 28th, 29th or 30th of January 2021 only and is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Wednesday January 20th 2021. The winners will be drawn and contacted immediately by email on Thursday 21st to confirm their name, email, postal address and phone number and preferred delivery date of the 28th, 29th or 30th January 2021.
As delivery details must be provided by 5pm on Monday 25th January, we will need acknowledgment from our winners by 11.59pm on Saturday 23rd January 2021. If we don't hear from you alternative winners will be drawn and contacted.
6. We only ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after January 31st 2021.
* Will Beckett - co-founder of Hawksmoor
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.