Competitions and offers
Win a fantastic case of Ribera del Duero wines
If you’re already a fan of Ribera del Duero wines you’re going to LOVE this case of wine. If you’ve never tasted them before you’re in for an absolute treat. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
Ribera del Duero, if you’re not familiar with it, is up in the north of Spain and one of the country’s most highly regarded wine regions. Its wines, which are almost all red, are based on tempranillo, known locally as tinto fino and are made in a typically rich full-bodied style.
There’s a fascinating variety of styles - some youthful and brimming with fruit, others more concentrated and ageworthy reflecting the age and location of the vines (there are a lot of old vines in the region) and diversity of winemaking philosophies.
The Consejo (the official body which represents the winegrowers) actually gave me a chance to select the wines I wanted to put in the case which include a number of vintages that are not easy to access on the UK market. In alphabetical order they are.
Aster Finca el Otero 2016 www.armitwines.co.uk
Superbly supple elegant red, drinking well now but with great ageing potential
Cillar D Silos Crianza 2018 nakedwines.com
Intensely full-bodied red made at high altitude from old vines. Part of a Naked Wines project.
Dominio de Atauta 2017 www.thevineking.com
Fine, powerful red produced in high altitude vineyards in the Valley of Atauta (Soria), on the eastern edge of the region
Lopez Cristobal Roble 2019 thegoodwineshop.co.uk
Smooth, polished and velvety - a very elegant style of Ribera
Pago de Los Capallanes 2017 www.ndjohn.co.uk
An intense, vibrant, concentrated red - definitely one to tuck away
Paramos de Lagaris 2016 vinissimus.co.uk
A modern, lively style of Ribera from a bodega owned by the well-known Codorníu Raventós group. Could drink now but will keep.
Preludio de Sei Solo 2018 vinissimus.co.uk
Preludio de Sei Solo is the second wine of a winery that is named after Bach’s piano sonatas BWV 1001-1006’. A sophisticated, international-style red
Pruno, 2019, Finca Villacreces, Cosecha (not yet available on the UK market although you’ll find the 2018 vintage in indies such as Eton Vintners
Ripe and soft, bursting with youthful fruit.
Semele Crianza 2018, Bodegas Montebaco champagnesandchateaux.co.uk
A vivid young red with a dash of merlot, highly drinkable now but with plenty of ageing potential
Tierra Alta, 2014, De 2 Cotas, Valduero, Reserva vinissimus.co.uk
One of the most mature wines in the case with beautifully integrated oak
Quite some prize, eh?
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Friday April 30th 2021 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter.
This is an advertising feature in association with Ribera del Duero. For full terms and conditions, see below.
ENTER HERE (SORRY LIVE LINK MISSING. WILL SORT ASAP!)
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, D.O. Ribera del Duero, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the case of Ribera del Duero described above. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Friday April 30th 2021. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Friday May 14th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after May 31st 2021.
If you found this post helpful and would like to support the website which is free to use please subscribe to my crowdfunder newsletter Eat This Drink That at fionabeckett.substack.com