Competitions and offers
Win a fabulous summer sipping hamper from The Whisky Exchange!
If you think gin is the only spirit to pair with tonic, think again. This month’s prize from The Whisky Exchange shines the spotlight on some often surprising, aperitif, spirit and mixer pairings to enjoy with friends when the sun is out. Each spirit comes with two matching mixers. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Tequila & Pink Grapefruit
Tapatio Blanco Tequila – A world away from your salt'n'lemon, burn-and-gurn nightmares. Spicy, with a delicious 100% agave grilled-pepper flavour. Pair with London Essence Pink Grapefruit Crafted Soda and a wedge of lime for a delicious combination that tastes just like summer.
Aperitif & Indian Tonic
New AKER English Rose Aperitif - Fruity, refreshing made with a combination of rosé wines from Chapel Down, raspberry eau-de-vie from Capreolus and English botanicals. Pair with Fever-Tree Premium Indian Tonic Water for a delicious and refreshing summery blossom-scented drink.
Rum & Pineapple Soda
Black Tot Rum - don’t be put off by the colour of this rum, this is fresh and fruity. Pair with Three Cents Pineapple Soda for a fabulously refreshing long drink, ideal to enjoy when the sun is shining.
Sherry & 7UP
Sherry is for life, not just for Christmas. Tio Pepe Sherry at time of year is perfect. Its light body and apple, citrus and almond flavours is excellent when paired with mixers for a refreshing long drink. Pair with 7UP for a must-try pairing, and when you try it you’ll know why! And don’t forget a sprig of mint.
Whisky & Soda
Whisky-lovers shouldn’t be put off pairing whisky with other mixers, (it wasn’t made just for Coca-Cola). Pairing whisky with mixers can bring out the sweetness and liveliness of whisky so you can taste more complex flavours. Not to mention it makes whisky far more drinkable on a hot summer’s day. Nikka Days hosts an array of floral and zesty flavours with a touch of peat smoke. When paired with London Essence White Peach & Jasmine Soda it brings out the delicious flavours making a refreshing highball. Add a twist of lemon for garnish.
Pisco & Tonic
Hailing from Peru and Chile, pisco is distilled from wine and is fresher and fruitier than aged European brandies. Barsol Quebranta Pisco is a Peruvian pisco with fruity and citrus notes and pairs wonderfully with tonic and a slice of fresh lemon.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Wednesday 31st 2022 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter.
This is an advertising feature in association with The Whisky Exchange. For full terms and conditions, see below.
There are no active competitions at the moment.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, The Whisky Exchange, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the case of spirits and matching mixers described above though the sponsor reserves the right to substitute bottles of equivalent value. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Wednesday August 31st, 2022. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Thursday September 15th and will be notified by e-mail.
7. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
8. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
9. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
10. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after September 30th 2022
If you found this post helpful and would like to support the website which is free to use please subscribe to my crowdfunder newsletter Eat This Drink That at fionabeckett.substack.com