Competitions and offers
Win a fabulous meat hamper from award-winning butcher Peter Hannan
Easter, like Christmas, is an occasion to feast with family and friends so we couldn’t mark it with a better prize than this fabulous meat box from prize-winning butcher Peter Hannan of Hannan Meats. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Pete’s revolutionary method of ageing meat in a Himalayan salt chamber gives it an incredible depth of flavour and has won him many medals including Supreme Champion at the Guild of Fine Foods Great Taste Awards for his Glenarm Shorthorn beef. Last year he was given BBC Food & Farming’s prestigious Derek Cooper award - a well-deserved accolade for a lovely guy who does an immense amount to promote the Northern Irish food scene, not just his own business. (You can follow him on instagram @meatpeter)
The hamper will include
A sugar-pit bacon rack (I can vouch that this is insanely good)
A new season Himalayan-aged leg of lamb
A new season Himalayan-aged lamb striploin
1 kg Glenarm shorthorn Porterhouse steaks
1 kg Glenarm Shorthorn Cote de Boeuf sharing steak
Dripping (for those roasties)
and gorgeous Abernethy butter.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Tuesday April 30th 2019 (so, just to be clear, the winner will receive their prize in May) and you must be 18 or over and live in the UK (or Ireland on this occasion) to enter. For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Hannan Meats, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible.
4. The prize consists of one of the meat hamper described above and will be drawn and allocated at random. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Tuesday April 30th 2019. The winners will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by Wednesday May 15th 2019 and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winners’ surnames will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after May 31st 2019.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.