Competitions and offers
Win a fabulous case of Rioja!
I know this month’s competition is going to be really popular because so many of you love Rioja. However it’s probably the red wines of the region you’re most familiar with: this is a chance to try the whites and rosados (rosés) too along with some more expensive wines you may not have had a chance to taste before.
The Rioja Region
Rioja is Spain’s flagship wine region, located in the north of the country and home to over 600 wineries. The region produces some of the world’s most diverse and food-friendly wines, from rich, spicy reds to fresh, light whites and rosés. (You can find out more about it on their website.)
The case will include two bottles of each of the following:
Bodegas Javier San Pedro Ortega, Viuda Negra Villahuercos 2017
An oaked white Rioja made from the Tempranillo Blanco grape, which is exclusive to the Rioja region. It has notes of green apple, pear and gooseberry.
Rioja Vega Rosado Colección Tempranillos (Rosado) 2018
A delicate, fresh rosé with floral aromas.
Hacienda El Ternero Selection Crianza 2014
A rounded Rioja made from the tempranillo grape, with red fruit flavours and floral aromas.
Marqués De Murrieta Dalmau Reserva 2014
A velvety, powerful Rioja reserva with flavours of black fruits and dark chocolate.
Bodegas Amézola De La Mora, Solar Amézola Gran Reserva, 2012
A complex Gran Reserva with an elegant finish. An excellent accompaniment to meat and game.
Gómez Cruzado Pancrudo Selección Terroir 2017
Made from the Garnacha grape, this is a deliciously fresh and fruity red Rioja.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Tuesday March 31st 2020 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter. For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Wines from Rioja, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of two bottles of each of the wines listed above. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Tuesday March 31st 2020. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Wednesday April 15th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after April 30th 2020.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.