Competitions and offers
Win a fabulous artisanal cheese hamper and a stunning case of cider
This month’s prize involves two of my favourite food and drink producers and a unique chance to enjoy their cheeses and ciders together.
The cider is a mixed case from the innovative Little Pomona who I regard as one of the most exciting cidermakers in the country. It includes their most recent release, Table Cider, Hard Rain Quince and Hopped which revive the traditional custom of "ciderkin", plus their August debut, Do It Puritan! Damson and the 2018 vintage of their exquisite Pét Nat Perry.
Susanna of Little Pomona writes "Personally, I'd love to get this selection! Hilariously it's all so small batch, we even end up rationing ourselves!" (It’s worth joining their cider club btw if you’re an enthusiast to make sure you get them as soon as they’re released. I did myself)
She wrote about their ciders with such love and enthusiasm I’ll be posting a separate piece about them in the next few days.
The cheese hamper is called The Great British and is based on my friends Trethowan Brothers award-winning cheeses Gorwydd Caerphilly and Pitchfork cheddar which has just been voted 4th best cheese in the world. It also includes their fellow artisan cheesemakers' Finn (a creamy cows' cheese), a Ragstone goats cheese log and a wedge of mellow Stichelton blue.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Monday August 3rd 2020 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter. For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Little Pomona, Trethowan Brothers their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the Cheese box and case of cider described above. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Monday August 3rd 2020. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Monday August 17th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after August 31st 2020.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.