Competitions and offers
Win a case of top quality rioja
Sponsored feature We have an absolutely fabulous prize for you this month - a case of some of the best and most highly rated wines from the Rioja region worth over £400.
I know Rioja is many people’s favourite wine - most probably you’re most familiar with red rioja but there are some amazing white and rosé (rosado) riojas too
Rioja wines are classified by age, the more mature vintages being labelled reserva which are aged in barrel and bottle for a minimum of three years (two in the case of whites) or gran reserva which has to be aged for five years (or four in the case of whites), at least two of which must be in oak barrels.
Here are the wines you’ll find in the case with a link back to the bodega so you can find out more about the wines and the people who made them. (Note some of the vintages may not be the same as the one in this selection because they are no longer in stock but our lucky winner will get the chance to try them!)
If you’d like to learn more about rioja, Rioja Wine Month is coming up next month (October) and you’ll find all sorts of promotions and tastings in your local wine retailers and restaurants. And check out the website riojawine.com
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Friday September 30th 2022 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter.
This is an advertising feature in association with Rioja Wine UK. For full terms and conditions, see below.
There are no active competitions at the moment.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Rioja Wine UK, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the case of Rioja wines described above though the sponsor reserves the right to substitute bottles of equivalent value. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Friday September 30th 2022. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Friday October 14th and will be notified by e-mail.
7. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
8. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
9. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
10. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after October 31st 2022
If you found this post helpful and would like to support the website which is free to use it would be great if you'd make a donation towards its running costs or sign up to my regular Substack newsletter Eat This, Drink That for extra benefits.