Competitions and offers
Win a case of H. Blin grower champagne
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED BUT DON'T WORRY - THERE WILL BE ANOTHER GREAT PRIZE SOON!
In what has become a bit of a tradition on matchingfoodandwine.com we have a case of champagne as our prize this month as our way of celebrating Valentine's Day. And we’re particularly pleased to have the small family owned champagne house of H. Blin as our sponsor this year
The founder Henri Blin was descended from a long line of family growers from Vincelles, a charming village located on the champagne route in the Marne valley. Today Champagne H.Blin owns 123 hectares of vineyards which are mainly planted with Pinot Meunier and focusses on the unique characteristics of this variety to produce authentic, terroir-driven champagnes. Blin’s vineyards are now all managed using sustainable methods and several hectares are certified organic.
The case of six bottles will include 3 bottles each of their brut champagne (described by Oddbins, which stocks it, as a "mellow, rounded, sumptuous, biscuity, balanced, lemony and complex style of champagne" and the richer still Blanc de Noirs which, like a number of their champagnes, is made 100% from Pinot Meunier.
All you have to do to enter the competition is register on the site (and subscribe, if you like, to our free monthly newsletter)
Given the nature of the prize, you must be 18 or over to enter and we can’t dispatch prizes to those of you who live outside the UK, I’m afraid.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday March 4th 2018 which means you won’t of course get it in time for V Day if you win but hopefully February 14th is not the only day on which you'll feel moved to make a romantic gesture. And there’s nothing stopping you buying a bottle while you wait to find out if you’re the lucky winner. (For prices and stockist details see below*)
For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms & conditions:
1. This prize draw is open to all UK residents of 18 or over, other than freelances or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com or H.Blin, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary. You simply need to have registered on the site and subscribe to the mailing list.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible and only one entry is permitted per person.
4. The prize consists of a case of 6 bottles of H Blin champagne as specified above. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday March 4th 2018. The winner will be drawn at random from the subscriber database by matchingfoodandwine by Monday March 19th, 2018 and will be notified by e-mail.
6. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winners surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after March 31st, 2018
* H.Blin NV Brut 80% Pinot Meunier, 20% Chardonnay – £25.00 bottle or £58.50 magnum from www.winecellarclub.co.uk or www.thesecretcellar.co.uk - currently on offer at £24 a bottle from Oddbins www.oddbins.com
H.Blin Blanc de Noirs made from 100% Pinot Meunier - £29.90 from – www.winecellarclub.co.uk
Got other ideas? Do email your favourite pairings to us at email@example.com. To subscribe to our free monthly newsletter and be eligible to enter our fabulous prize draws click here or to get notice of posts as soon as they're published click here.