Competitions and offers
Win a case of Errazuriz Don Maximiano Founder’s Reserve
We have a fabulous prize for the wine lovers among you this month - a six bottle case of Don Maximiano Founder’s Reserve 2013 from Vina Errazuriz*, one of the best known wineries in Chile. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
Don Maximiano Founder’s Reserve (which is on sale in Waitrose Cellar for £54.50 a bottle) is a Bordeaux-inspired blend made in homage to the founder of the winery. The blend changes each year but the 2013 is predominantly cabernet sauvignon with 19% malbec, 6% carmenère and 5% petit verdot.
According to the winemaker’s notes “The resulting wine is fresh, layered with distinctive minerality and nuance. The refined tannins support a delicious texture and prolonged by a lingering finish providing great pleasure even at this early stage of its life.” (You can find a full description of the vintage, the vineyards from which it was drawn and the vinification on their website.)
You can obviously drink it with pleasure now (with roast lamb or a steak, I suggest FB) but it will keep for a good 10 or more years.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday March 31st 2019 and you must be 18 or over and live in the UK to enter. For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Viña Errazuriz, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible.
4. The prize consists of one six bottle case of Don Maximiano Founder’s Reserve and is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday March 31st 2019. The winner will be drawn at random from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by Monday April 17th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winners’ surnames will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after April 30th 2019.
Pink Lady Wine Photographer of the Year
Errazuriz is also sponsoring the annual wine photography award which is a category of the Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year 2019. The prize is £1000 and a commemorative magnum (150cl) of the Errazuriz Don Maximiano Founder's Reserve signed by the family-owned winery’s president Eduardo Chadwick.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.