Competitions and offers
Win a case of Caro - one of Argentina’s finest red wines
Great wines don’t simply come from the classic wine growing regions of Europe these days, you can find them all over the world. But not many have the pedigree of this collaboration between Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite) and top Argentinian producer Nicolas Catena THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
The wine, Caro, which has been produced since 2003 started off as predominantly malbec but the 2016 vintage which is on offer here is 83% cabernet sauvignon. Tim Atkin rates it 97 in his 2019 Argentina Special Report describing it as a “stunning blend showing elegance, poise and finesse."
Domaines Barons de Rothschild Lafite is offering a 6x75cl case of Caro worth £245.94 as this month's prize but if you can’t wait to try it Davis Bell McCraith, their stockist in Bristol, is currently offering it at £228 for 6 bottles including vat or £210 for 6 if you order 12 bottles (i.e. two cases in total).
It’s definitely a wine to lay down. Atkin considers the drinking window from 2022-35.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday 1st September 2019 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter. For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Domaines Barons de Rothschild (Lafite), Davis Bell McCraith their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the case of Caro wine detailed above and will be drawn at random. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday September 1st 2019. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Monday September 16th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after September 30th 2019.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.