Competitions and offers
Win a case of Armit At Home Masterclass wines
If you’ve always wanted to learn more about wine now’s your chance with this month’s competition prize from Armit Wines.
With wine schools, tastings and events closed and cancelled due to COVID-19, they’ve come up with the brilliant idea of an ‘At Home Masterclass’ which will enable you to explore different grape varieties from around the world from your own home.
The At-Home Masterclass features six wines and showcases two grape varieties, Chenin Blanc and Grenache Noir from different producers and wine producing countries and regions. Chenin and Grenache can have immensely different flavour profiles and styles depending on what part of the world and climate they come from.
The six At-Home Masterclass wines are:
2012 Dowie Doole ‘Tintookie’ Chenin Blanc, McLaren Vale, Australia
2016 Astrolabe, ‘The Wrekin Vineyard’ Chenin Blanc, Marlborough, New Zealand
2014 Domaine Huet, Vouvray Pétillant, Loire Valley, France
2017 Momento, Grenache Noir, Western Cape, South Africa
2017 Terroir Sense Fronteres ‘Vertebra’, Montsant, Spain
2017 Dowie Doole ‘G & T’, McLaren Vale, Australia
Normally the price of the case would be £115 (£45 off the price of the wines if you bought them individually) and we have two cases to give away. All our winners will need to do is wait for the wines to arrive direct to their door and log on to www.armitwines.co.uk/at-home-masterclass to take part in the Masterclass.
Based in Notting Hill, Armit Wines has a reputation as one of the UK’s leading contemporary wine merchants, recognised for the quality of its portfolio with several exclusive agencies in the UK including Tenuta San Guido (Sassicaia), Ornellaia and Bruno Giacosa from Italy as well as established icons of the fine wine world such as Château Lafleur, Domaine Huet and La Rioja Alta S.A.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday April 30th 2020 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter. For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Armit Wines, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of two six bottle cases of each of the wines listed above (one for each winner). The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday April 30th 2020. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Friday May 14th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after May 31st 2020.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.