Competitions and offers
Win a 3 month membership of Paxton and Whitfield’s Cheese Club
Given what a tremendously difficult year it’s been we thought you deserved a treat so we’re giving away TWO prizes this month thanks to our very generous sponsors. (You’ll have to wait a couple of days for news of the other one!)
First of all, for you cheeselovers, top cheesemonger Paxton & Whitfield is offering a three month membership to their Cheese Club worth £120. (You may have seen their gorgeous shop in Jermyn Street but they also have shops in Chelsea Green and Bath and sell online.) As a retailer which has been trading since 1797. it has built relationships with the finest artisan cheesemakers across the UK and Europe. It also holds two Royal Warrants, one to Her Majesty the Queen and the other to His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales.
As a three month member, our winner will receive four carefully chosen cheeses in peak condition, tailored to the season. The selection is sent by overnight courier leaving on the second Wednesday of each month to arrive on the Thursday and will start in 2021. You can see the company’s full range of cheese gifts here and also buy subscriptions for your friends. (Bronze membership of the Paxton & Whitfield Cheese Club costs £120 for three months; Silver £225 for six months; Gold £420 for a year and Platinum £500 for a festive ’12 Days of Christmas’ hamper delivered in December and then a 12-month Paxton’s Cheese Club subscription for 2021)
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday December 31st 2020 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter.
For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Paxton & Whitfield their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the three month cheese subscription described above. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday December 31st 2020. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Thursday January 14th 2021 and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after January 31st 2021.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.