Competitions and offers
Win a £240 annual membership of Churchill’s new port.club
THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED. Although I can’t imagine Christmas without port it seems crazy to deny ourselves the pleasure of drinking it at other times of year, doesn’t it? Well the clever people at Churchill’s have come up with the idea of an online port club which delivers a quarterly port pack of three of Churchill’s award-winning ports.
Churchill’s is the youngest and smallest of the big-name port houses, fusing a drier style of port with minimal intervention viticulture and winemaking. All Churchill’s ports are foot-trodden, using only Grade-A grapes and natural yeast for extended fermentation. This allows for the purest expression of fruit – with more grape sugar converted to alcohol and less brandy required in fortification. The result is their signature fresh style.
The annual membership of the Port.Club they’re offering as a prize includes a quarterly delivery of a three-bottle Port Packs with one everyday port, one special occasion port, and one unique Club Port selected and blended by Churchill’s founder and head winemaker Johnny Graham exclusively for club members. The three ports in the first pack will be: Churchill’s Reserve Port, Churchill’s 20 Year Old Tawny Port and a club exclusive release of Churchill’s Quinta da Gricha 2009 single quinta Vintage Port. All are ready to drink now.
Each shipment also comes with materials explaining what’s in the pack and an invitation to a virtual tasting with Johnny. In addition, members will have access to exclusive port experiences both online and in-person. From VIP access to Churchill’s intimate 4-bedroom Vineyard House in the Douro Valley to bespoke programs at Churchill’s award-winning Lodge in bustling Porto, Port.Club serves as a portal to the world of port for members and their friends.
Annual membership to the Churchill’s port club costs £240 and quarterly membership is priced at £70. Anyone purchasing an annual membership by January 15th 2021 can gift an additional pack worth £70 (which needs to be ordered by 20th December to ensure delivery before Christmas). You can find full details on their website port.club
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday December 31st 2020 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter.
For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Churchill’s port, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of an annual subscription to port.club as described above. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday December 31st 2020. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Thursday January 14th 2021 and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after January 31st 2021.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.