Competitions and offers
Win 3 bottles of Canaima gin and all you need to throw an Amazonian drinks party!
We’ve a really special prize this month both for gin lovers and those who are concerned about the fate of the Amazon.
It’s based on a new gin called Canaima which, in addition to the obligatory juniper, is based on 10 local botanicals sourced in the Amazon region by local communities. They include acai berries, uve de palma, copuazu and merey fruit, creating an exotically fruity, floral gin with rich, earthy undertones.
Created by leading bartender Simone Carporale in partnership with the team behind the acclaimed Diplomatico Rum and with the Amazonian origins of the spirit in mind, 10% of global sales of Canaima Gin will be donated to two foundations crucial to conservation of the Amazon, Tierra Viva Foundation and Saving the Amazon.
Celebrate the launch of Canaima gin, which is stocked by The Whisky Exchange, by throwing a drinks party for your friends. The prize consists of three bottles of Canaima Gin, six highball glasses and 24 bottles of Three Cents pink grapefruit soda as well as six coasters, six bracelets and a beautiful basket handwoven by women of the indigenous communities of the Amazon, through a partnership with Tierra Viva Foundation.
Finally, a tree will be planted in the Amazon dedicated to the winner and geocached for monitoring via Saving the Amazon. If ever there was a time to invest in a sustainable future for the Amazon, it’s now!
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday 3rd November 2019 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter. For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Speciality Brands, The Whisky Exchange, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the gin, soda, glasses and other items mentioned above. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday November 3rd 2019. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Monday November 18th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after November 30th 2019.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.