Competitions and offers
Sponsored: Win a case of glorious Gosset champagne and six champagne glasses
We know you LOVE champagne (who doesn’t?) so one of you is going to be very happy indeed to win this month’s prize, a case of Gosset champagne and six champagne glasses.
Gosset is the oldest wine house in champagne dating back to 1584 before bubbles in champagne were even thought of. I’ve been a huge fan since I visited its cellars some 25 years ago and am thrilled that they’ve come up with this amazing prize
The case of six includes two bottles each of the following
2 x Gosset Grande Réserve Brut - the signature cuvée of the house and the perfect expression of the Champagne Gosset style. The wine has subtle structure and elegance from at least 3 years ageing on lees in Gosset’s cellars in Epernay and Ay. An equal blend of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir with a little addition of Meunier, the chardonnay gives a delicacy underscored by aromas of peach and yellow plum. The Pinot Noir add structure which supports the wine in its long ageing. The result is a champagne of immense versatility, working equally well on its own as alongside tapas, seafood and cheese like Comte.
2 x Gosset Grand Rosé Brut - a rosé with a high proportion of Chardonnay to create a champagne that is equally at ease as an aperitif or with a meal. The Chardonnay gives freshness and precision and the addition of a little red wine from Bouzy and Ambonnay contribute fine fruit notes. The richness and sweetness of the wine make it an excellent match for wild salmon, fish and seafood tapas, grilled veal, and poultry
2 x Gosset Grand’ Blanc de Blancs Brut - This cuvée encompasses the finesse of the Côte des Blancs and the structure of the Montagne de Reims. Grand Blanc de Blancs is made from 100% Chardonnay grapes grown in fifteen villages of the Côte des Blancs and the Côte des Noirs. Each of these villages and terroirs bring their own character, complexities and aromas to the wine, culminating in this exceptional cuvée.
They are also including six beautiful glasses which you will notice are not the flute shape you may be used to but the wider tulip shape which allows the full flavour of the champagne to express itself.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Tuesday November 30th 2021 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter.
This is an advertising feature in association with Champagne Gosset https://www.champagne-gosset.com/en/the-house-new-home/. For full terms and conditions, see below.
There are no active competitions at the moment.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Champagne Gosset, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of six bottles of Gosset champagne described above and six champagne glases. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Tuesday November 30th 2021. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Wednesday December 15th and will be notified by e-mail.
7. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
8. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
9. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
10. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after December 31st 2021
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.