Competitions and offers
Discover the wine regions of France with this exciting Département range
If you’ve travelled in France you’ll be aware that the counties there are referred to as departements and my friend Liam Steevenson of Vineyard Productions wanted to reflect their individual character in a range of wines. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
You can explore them too through this range of 12 bottles which includes 4 bottles each of departements, 33, 44 and 69
Département 33 is a lush white Bordeaux This wine offers aromatic notes of lime with hints of freshly cut grass and honeysuckle. These aromas on the nose, follow through onto a wonderfully textured palate with refreshing acidity and a driven mineral finish. It would be lovely with roast chicken, lightly smoked salmon or pasta with a creamy sauce.
Département 44 is a Muscadet from the Sévre & Maine Sur Lie appellation. Unlike some of the cheaper wines from the region it has a great deal of character and complexity, striking the perfect balance between the refreshing bite of an apple or lemon and the added depth and texture provided by its contact with the lees. Oysters are the classic match but it would go with any seafood.
And Département 69 is a charming Fleurie from the Beaujolais region. It’s unique, elegant, and floral with plenty of ripe berry fruit for company. A period of ageing in some of the most excellent barrels and wooden vats was done not to add any obvious oaky flavour or aroma but a silkiness of texture. It would be delicious with French charcuterie and cheeses or with a steak frites.
The entire range is available to buy from www.red-white.co.uk as well as other stockists nationwide.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday March 31st 2022 and you must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter.
This is an advertising feature in association with Red & White wines. For full terms and conditions, see below.
There are no active competitions at the moment.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Red & White, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the case of Departement wines described above though the sponsor reserves the right to substitute bottles of equivalent value. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday March 31st, 2022. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Friday April 15th and will be notified by e-mail.
7. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
8. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
9. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
10. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after April 30th 2022
If you found this post helpful and would like to support the website which is free to use it would be great if you'd make a donation towards its running costs or sign up to my regular Substack newsletter Eat This, Drink That for extra benefits.