Competitions and offers
Win a case of fabulous Billecart-Salmon Sous Bois champagne
We know you love a champagne competition but this is really something exceptional: a case of one of my own favourites, family-owned champagne house Billecart Salmon’s Sous Bois Brut.
It’s a highly unusual champagne in that although it consists of the classic champagne grape varieties - Premier and Grand Cru Chardonnay from the Côte des Blancs Premier and Grand Cru Pinot Noir from the Montagne de Reims, Aÿ and Mareuil-sur-Aÿ and Pinot Meunier from the right bank of the Vallée de la Marne - it’s entirely vinified in oak. To add complexity 30% to 35% of the blend is made from older reserve wines and it’s aged on its lees for 6 to 7 years.
It truly is a special occasion wine to drink with something delicious like roast chicken, grilled lobster or a wild mushroom risotto. At £60-70 a bottle the value of the six bottle case would be over £400 in most wine shops.
To be in with a chance of winning this amazing prize you must submit your entry by is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday December 1st 2019. You must live in the UK and be over 18 to enter. For other terms and conditions see below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is open to all subscribers of 18 or over, other than freelancers or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, Billecart-Salmon, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry is allowed per person.
4. The prize consists of the six bottle case of Billecart-Salmon Sous Bois champagne detailed above and will be drawn at random. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives in whole or in part.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Sunday December 1st 2019. The winner will be drawn from the list of entrants by matchingfoodandwine by 11.59pm on Monday December 9th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. We ask for your name, email address and postal address in order to conduct the competition. We will delete this data as soon as the competition has concluded and the winner has received their prize.
7. In the event that you decide to subscribe to our monthly newsletter when you enter the competition, we will in addition record your name and email address in order to be able to send it out to you. You will be able to unsubscribe and ask us to delete your personal data at any time.
8. We accept no responsibility for late, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries.
9. Our decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner’s surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after December 31st 2019.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.