Work with me
If you’d like to have a practical demonstration of how food and wine matching (and other drink pairings) work do contact me about arranging a live food and wine event.
I’ve had experience of talking to a wide range of audiences from students to sommeliers in a variety of different formats from walk-around tastings to wine dinners. Recent events have included a Spanish Food & Wine evening for a clients of a London bank, a talk to a university wine club, masterclasses on food and wine matching and social media (another area of expertise) for a group of Bordeaux wine producers (in Bordeaux) and devising and speaking at a wine and curry evening with a local Bristol spice company (I live in Bristol but am always willing to travel.)
Some examples of possible events are listed below:
- An introduction to food and wine matching: The basic principles. How to choose the best bottle for the food you plan to eat.
- Breaking the rules: adventures in food and wine matching: A more advanced class for people who already have a grasp of the basics and are looking for new ideas.
- Matching wine and cheese (or other ingredients): Rather than talking about a general approach I can focus on a particular type of food. Cheese and wine matching is the obvious one but matching wine and chocolate (or wine and desserts) and wine and spicy food are other possibilities. Or feel free to suggest a subject to me.
- Country-based food and wine matching classes or dinners: The theme could be Italian, French, Spanish, Greek, Chinese, Thai or Indian ....
- Seasonal food and wine matching: Christmas, spring, summer, barbecues ....
- Matching food to wine: Gain an understanding of how your choice of wine can affect your food choice: the best matches for different styles of red wine, white wine, sparkling wine and dessert wines, for instance. (This could work as a series, similar to the one I did for the London restaurant Honey & Co or a one day event.)
- Beer and food matching: All of the events suggested above could be adapted to beer - or other drinks.
I am also willing to do staff training sessions on food and drink matching, consult on menu pairings (as I did for Hawksmoor's 10th anniversary recently - see photo above) and help put together wine lists and other written materials.
For details of my rates and more information do contact me at email@example.com.