Events and workshops
If you’d like to have a practical demonstration of how food and wine matching (and other drink pairings) work do contact me about arranging a live food and wine event.
I’ve had experience of talking to a wide range of audiences from consumers to industry professionals, in a variety of different formats from sit-down tastings to wine dinners. Recent events have included a talk at Leith’s school of Food & Wine, two Lebanese wine masterclasses and a presentation on beer and food matching for the opening of the Box Stream Brewery. I am also planning an exciting new project for the autumn with a well-known UK cookery writer - more on this, shortly!
Preferred venues would be in and around Bristol and London, the two cities in which I spend most of my time, but I am willing to travel further afield when my work commitments permit.
Some examples of possible events are listed below:
- An introduction to food and wine matching: The basic principles. How to choose the best bottle for the food you plan to eat.
- Breaking the rules: adventures in food and wine matching: A more advanced class for people who already have a grasp of the basics and are looking for new ideas.
- Matching wine and cheese (or other ingredients): Rather than talking about a general approach I can focus on a particular type of food. Cheese and wine matching is the obvious one but matching wine and chocolate (or wine and desserts) and wine and spicy food are other possibilities. Or feel free to suggest a subject to me.
- Country-based food and wine matching classes or dinners: The theme could be Italian, French, Spanish, Greek, Chinese, Thai or Indian …
- Seasonal food and wine matching: Christmas, spring, summer, barbecues …
- Matching food to wine: Gain an understanding of how your choice of wine can affect your food choice: the best matches for different styles of red wine, white wine, sparkling wine and dessert wines, for instance. (This could work as a series or a one day event.)
- Beer and food matching: All (except the last) of the events suggested above could be adapted to beer - or other drinks.
I am also willing to do staff training sessions on food and drink matching and consult on menu pairings.
For details of rates and more information contact me at email@example.com.