5 reasons to buy Xisto wines
Xisto Wines is a husband and wife team who through a passion for wine and adventure have imported artisan wine from Portugal using traditional cargo ships. The voyage by sail is fossil fuel-free and leaves minimal impact on the planet, meaning we are the world’s most sustainable wine importers of Portuguese wines!
- We have, hand on heart, close personal friendships with all of our wine producers.
- The winemakers we work with passionately reflect the terroir of their regions. They make authentic wines from organic and bio-dynamic farming methods made naturally in the cellar. Their skills and minimal intervention methods produce some of the finest wines Portugal has to offer.
- Our method of transport is sail cargo ships, re-establishing ancient trade routes. The journey of the wine carried by the wind is as carbon neutral as possible.
- We have barrels of wine specially prepared for the voyage from Porto to Bristol. The wine is sea aged and the journey adds a complexity to the wine that is truly unique. We call them Port O' Bristol
- It doesn’t stop there… we run our van on bio diesel made from the oil we collect from the restaurants we supply. It is our aim to make our business a "circle of zero waste"
“Made my rebels, shipped by pirates, drunk by heroes” as we like to say.
You can read more about our adventure on our website.
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.