6 of the best pairings for pinot grigio
That pinot grigio is many people's favourite white wine should come as no surprise - it’s a refreshing, versatile wine that pairs really well with light, summery food and ever-popular Italian staples such as pasta and risotto.
Six top pairings for pinot grigio
- Antipasti, especially seafood and vegetable-based ones like seafood salad or marinated fish like octopus
- Fried fish or vegetables such as fritto misto - or even fish and chips
- Light pasta sauces including seafood like clams, cream or fresh tomato (it’s not so good with more robust meaty sauces). You can even add a splash of the wine to the recipe as I’ve done in this recipe for tiger prawns with tomato and basil sauce. Pinot grigio is great with a carbonara too.
- Light seafood or vegetable-based risottos such as risotto primavera(with spring vegetables such as peas and asparagus) or with fennel. Risi e bisi too.
- Light seafood salads such as crab or prawn/shrimp salad
- Sushi - it might not be the obvious pairing but it's a good one
Image © ArenaCreative - Fotolia.com
If you found this post helpful and would like to support the website which is free to use it would be great if you'd make a donation towards its running costs or sign up to my regular Substack newsletter Eat This, Drink That for extra benefits.