Pairings | Spaghetti vongole
6 of the best pairings for pinot grigio
That pinot grigio is many people's favourite white wine should come as no surprise - it’s a refreshing, versatile wine that pairs really well with light, summery food and ever-popular Italian staples such as pasta and risotto.
Six top pairings for pinot grigio
- Antipasti, especially seafood and vegetable-based ones like seafood salad or marinated fish like octopus
- Fried fish or vegetables such as fritto misto - or even fish and chips
- Light pasta sauces including seafood like clams, cream or fresh tomato (it’s not so good with more robust meaty sauces). You can even add a splash of the wine to the recipe as I’ve done in this recipe for tiger prawns with tomato and basil sauce. Pinot grigio is great with a carbonara too.
- Light seafood or vegetable-based risottos such as risotto primavera(with spring vegetables such as peas and asparagus) or with fennel. Risi e bisi too.
- Light seafood salads such as crab or prawn/shrimp salad
- Sushi - it might not be the obvious pairing but it's a good one
Image © ArenaCreative - Fotolia.com
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.