Competitions and offers
Win a gourmet beef hamper worth over £300!
The sharp-eyed among you may have spotted we haven’t had a competition running for the last couple of weeks. That’s because we’ve been waiting for a very special prize. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
It’s the best ever meat hamper from Northern Irish butcher Peter Hannan of Hannan Meats whose unique way of ageing meat in a Himalayan salt chamber has won him many awards, most recently the ultimate accolade of Supreme Champion in the Guild of Fine Foods Great Taste Awards for his Glenarm Shorhorn Four Rib Roast.
The hamper will include not only that joint which weighs approximately 4kg but
a salt-aged Glenarm shorthorn sirloin wing rib (3 kg approx)
2 x salt-aged Cote de Boeuf sharing steaks (1 kg each approx)
2 x salt-aged Fiorentina T-Bone steaks (1 kg each approx)
1 x sugar-pit bacon rack (8 bone, 4 kg approx - see below)
Pete will also slip in a meat thermometer to help you cook them to perfection.
I’ve tasted Pete’s meat many times and can vouch for the fact that it’s quite exceptional. I just wish I could win the prize myself*!
So what do you have to do to enter the competition? Simply register on the site (and subscribe, if you like, to our free newsletter which contains details of other offers and giveaways).
Because we’re sure this is going to be an incredibly popular competition we’re giving as many of you as possible a chance to enter by extending the deadline beyond the usual 4 weeks to 6. The closing date is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday October 20th 2016 and you must be over 18 and live in the UK to enter.
For other terms and conditions see below:
Terms & conditions:
1. This prize draw is open to all UK residents of 18 or over, other than freelances or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, and employees of Hannan Meats, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary. You simply need to be registered on the site.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. Only one entry per person.
4. The prize consists of the Hannan Meats prizewinning meat box detailed above. There is no cash alternative.
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday October 20th. The winner will be drawn at random from the subscriber database by matchingfoodandwine by Monday October 31st 2016 and will be notified by e-mail.
6. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winners surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after November 15th 2016
* If you can't bear to wait to see if you've won you can buy Peter's meat from Fortnum & Mason.
Got other ideas? Do email your favourite pairings to us at email@example.com. To subscribe to our free monthly newsletter and be eligible to enter our fabulous prize draws click here or to get notice of posts as soon as they're published click here.