Competitions and offers
Win a case of gorgeous German riesling and 6 Riedel riesling glasses
It’s summer, it’s hot so what could be better than a refreshing bottle of German riesling and some beautiful glasses to drink it in? Well we have both for you thanks to Wines of Germany and top glass producer Riedel. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED
The mixed case includes rieslings from all over Germany that were selected by a panel of wine industry experts as part of Wines of Germany’s ‘Top 50’ competition and include some really amazing wines including a £70 Max Ferdinand Richter Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett 2007. The full list, for you riesling lovers to gloat over is:
Devil's Rock Riesling, Pfalz 2014
Braunewell Essenheim Riesling Dry ‘Kalkstein’, Rheinhessen 2013
Louis Guntrum Dry Riesling 2014, Rheinhessen
Bamberger Plaisir Riesling Qba 2013 Nahe
Domdechant Werner Hochheim Classic Riesling 2013, Rheingau
Fritz Willi dry Riesling 2013, Mosel
Bischöfiche Weingüter Trier Riesling Kabinett 2013, Mosel
Bischel Scharlachberg Riesling Trocken 2013, Rheinhessen
Fritz Ekkehard-Huff Rabenturm Riesling Trocken 2013, Rheinhessen
Leitz KG Berg Schlossberg Riesling ‘Ehrenfels’ Trocken 2013, Rheingau
Max Ferdinand Richter Wehlener Sonnenuhr Riesling Kabinett 2007, Pfalz
The winner will also receive 6 beautiful Riedel Vinum XL Riesling Grand Cru glasses worth £165 which are designed to enhance the experience of drinking riesling.
All you have to do to enter the competition is register on the site (and subscribe, if you like, to our free newsletter which always contains other offers and tips).
Given the nature of the prize, you must be 18 or over to enter and we can’t dispatch prizes to those of you who live outside the UK, I’m afraid.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday August 20th, 2015. For other terms and conditions see below.
Oh - and while you’re waiting to find out if you’ve won keep your eyes open for restaurants and wine shops who are taking part in this month’s 31 days of riesling promotion. Many have special pairings, offers and discounts.
Terms & conditions:
1. This prize draw is open to all UK residents of 18 or over, other than freelances or contractors employed bymatchingfoodandwine.com, employees of Wines of Germany, Riedel, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary. You simply need to have registered on the site and subscribe to the mailing list.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible.
4. The prize consists of a case of 12 German rieslings identical or similar to the one listed above plus 6 Riedel grand cru riesling glasses. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday August 20th 2015. The winner will be drawn at random from the subscriber database by matchingfoodandwine.com by Friday August 28th, 2015 and will be notified by e-mail.
6. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winners surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after September 15th, 2015
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.