Competitions and offers
Win a £275 Fortnum & Mason Epicure hamper!
If you’ve always fancied one of those glorious Fortnum & Mason wicker hampers you could be in luck! We have a particularly lavish one to offer matchingfoodandwine.com subscribers this month. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
It’s the Epicure* and contains all you need for a ridiculously indulgent tea including Strawberry preserve infused with Earl Grey tea, ‘gigantissimi’ florentines and an apricot and ginger-flavoured ‘Apollo’s Muse’ fruitcake so crumbly they recommend you chill it before you slice it. Wash that down with a cup of Empire tea, a bottle of Fortnum’s demi-sec champagne or a glass of cream sherry. There’s also blood orange and port savour (a posh kind of relish), dried porcini, olive oil, Tewkesbury mustard, ‘hard and nutty’ chocolates, Turkish delight, yet more wine including one of my favourites, the Bruno Sorg Pinot Blanc to enjoy at other meals. You get the general picture . . .
All you have to do to enter the competition is register on the site (and subscribe, if you like, to our free newsletter which contains other prizes and offers).
Unfortunately, given the nature of the prize, we can’t dispatch prizes to those of you who live outside the UK though you could, of course, enter and donate the prize to a UK-based friend if you win
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday 4th July 2013. For other terms and conditions see below.
* for a full list of contents see here
Terms & conditions:,
1. This prize draw is open to all UK residents of 18 or over, other than freelances or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, employees of Fortnum & Mason and their associated companies, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary. You simply need to have registered on the site and subscribe to the mailing list.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible.
4. The prize consists of a Fortnum & Mason epicure hamper. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday 4th July 2013. The winner will be drawn at random from the subscriber database by matchingfoodandwine by July 8th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner's surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after July 15th
The winner of the case of Gonzalez Byass sherry in our last competition was Rachael from London
If you found this post useful and were happy to get the advice for free perhaps you'd think about donating towards the running costs of the site? You can find out how to do it here or to subscribe to our regular newsletter click here.