Although the site’s name is Matching Food & Wine we also think beer’s a fantastic drink with food so we thought we’d twist the arm of two of the breweries we admire to offer you a couple of cases. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED BUT DON'T WORRY - THERE'LL BE ANOTHER ONE SOON!
The first (alphabetically) comes from my home town of Bristol from the excellent Bristol Beer Factory. They’re particularly celebrated for their stouts - which are great - but also make some other terrific brews - I particularly like their Hefe German-style wheat beer. The mixed case, which is worth around £30, will include 12 x 500ml bottles.
The other is from the devilishly clever Thornbridge in Derbyshire who are always coming up with new and intriguing beers. They’ll probably want to pop something left-field into the case so we can’t guarantee exactly what will be in it but they’ve promised it will include Versa, their weisse-style beer, Tzara, a Köln-style beer and Jaipur IPA.
All you have to do to enter the competition is register on the site (and subscribe, if you like, to our free newsletter).
The only downside is that we can’t dispatch prizes to those of you who live outside the UK (sorry!).
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Friday August 24th (now extended to the same time on Monday 27th as I managed to take it down a day early by mistake!) For other terms and conditions see below.
To enter our competition, you must be signed in to the site.
If you aren't a member yet, you can click here to register now.
Once you've signed in, come back to this page and you'll be able to enter our competition.
Terms & conditions:
1. This prize draw is open to all UK residents of 18 or over, other than freelances or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, employees of Bristol Beer Factory and Thornbridge and their associated companies, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary. You simply need to have registered on the site and subscribe to the mailing list.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible.
4. The prize consists of two mixed cases of beer, one from Thornbridge and one from Bristol Beer Factory. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Monday August 27th 2012. The winner will be drawn at random from the subscriber database by matchingfoodandwine on 29th August 2012 and will be notified by e-mail.
6. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. The winners surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after August 31st 2012.
The winner of the case of Berry Bros & Rudd white burgundy in our last competition was Tom from London.