If you’ve always wanted to explore the fascinating world of white burgundy but never quite had the budget to do so enter our latest prize draw. Top London wine merchant Berry Bros & Rudd has offered us a fabulous mixed case worth £272.10. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED BUT DON'T WORRY - THERE'LL BE ANOTHER ONE SOON!
The case contains 3 bottles of each of the following wines which have been personally checked by their burgundy buying director Jasper Morris MW author of Inside Burgundy. (Jasper’s notes in italics)
2010 Mâcon-Villages, Héritiers du Comte Lafon
This is a lovely fresh and cheerful wine that is produced under screwcap by Dominique Lafon and his Mâconnais team. It is a very smart wine at a very attractive price.
2008 Pouilly-Fuissé, Terroir de Fuissé, Olivier Merlin
This Pouilly-Fuissé is drinking beautifully now, with real energy, fleshy fresh fruit, great charm and a very appealing length. It is a wonderful example of Olivier Merlin’s style and shows that he is on the top of his game.
2008 St Aubin, Les Charmois, Domaine Jean-Claude Bachelet
This St Aubin is clear and crisp, with a touch of fat to the texture, very good length and the saline acidity of the vintage showing to good effect. It is drinking very well now.
2008 Hautes Côtes de Beaune, Sous Eguison, Domaine Jean-Noël Gagnard
Clear fresh and bright, with an excellent density of fruit for this lowly appellation, this wine has a lovely mineral acidity which is extremely fresh and rewarding on the finish.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday July 12th. For other terms and conditions see below.
To enter our competition, you must be signed in to the site.
If you aren't a member yet, you can click here to register now.
Once you've signed in, come back to this page and you'll be able to enter our competition.
PS if you’re a bit of a burgundy nut and can’t wait to see if you win, BBR currently have a sale with substantial discounts on a number of their burgundies including this case which has been reduced to £174. The wines are being offered at these exceptional prices to make way for new stock of the much-lauded 2009 and 2010 vintages. Incidentally Berry's have a really useful basic guide to white burgundy here.
The winner of the case of Louis Roederer champagne in our last competition was Ailbhe from London
Terms & conditions:
1. This prize draw is open to all UK residents of 18 or over, other than freelances or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, employees of Berry Bros & Rudd and its associated companies, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary. You simply need to have registered on the site and subscribe to the mailing list.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible.
4. The prize consists of the Essential Collection case of white burgundy . No cash alternative to the prize will be offered
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday July 12th 2012. The winner will be drawn at random from the subscriber database by matchingfoodandwine on 13th July 2012 and will be notified by e-mail.
6. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
7. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. The winners surname and county of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after July 25th 2012.
If you'd like to subscribe to our free monthly newsletter and be eligible to enter our fabulous prize draws click here
To get regular updates in your inbox click here.