There are pay-offs to being the close relative of a restaurateur and this month’s prize was easy to snag. A £150 voucher to spend at my son Will Beckett and Huw Gott’s splendid steak and cocktail emporium Hawksmoor, the best steak restaurant in London (not that I’m biased or anything.) THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED BUT DON'T WORRY - THERE'LL BE ANOTHER ONE SOON!
You can apparently spend it any way you choose - kimchi burgers and cocktails at the glamourous Seven Dials bar in Covent Garden, for example. A substantial steak breakfast at Hawksmoor Guildhall with marmalade ‘anti-fogmatics’ to fortify you for the day or shortrib French dips all round (one of Time Out’s recently voted top 10 dishes in London) at the Spitalfields bar - followed, maybe, by some sticky toffee sundaes . . . And of course you don’t have to have cocktails. Just blow the lot on 150 quid’s worth of steak and sides and cornflake milkshakes, if you prefer.
And because it’s a voucher not a case of breakable bottles the competition is open to anyone who enters over the age of 18, not just those of you in the UK.
All you have to do is register on the site (and subscribe, if you like, to our free newsletter which always contains other interesting goodies).
The closing date for entries is 11.59pm GMT on Friday September 28th. For other terms and conditions see below.
To enter our competition, you must be signed in to the site.
If you aren't a member yet, you can click here to register now.
Once you've signed in, come back to this page and you'll be able to enter our competition.
Terms & conditions:
1. This prize draw is open to all entrants of 18 or over, other than freelances or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, employees of Hawksmoor and their associated companies, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary. You simply need to have registered on the site and subscribe to the mailing list.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible. And only one entry per person (however many email addresses you've got . . . !)
4. The prize consists of a £150 voucher to use at any of the Hawksmoor branches . No cash alternative to the prize will be offered
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Friday September 28th 2012 The winner will be drawn at random from the subscriber database by matchingfoodandwine the following week and will be notified by e-mail shortly afterwards.
6. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winners surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after October 5th.
The winner of the cases of Bristol Beer Factory and Thornbridge beers in our last competition was Alan from London
Images ©Dan Lepard