Despite the rival attractions of Bordeaux and Tuscany not to mention shiraz and up-and-coming malbec, Rioja seems to hold a special place in the hearts of us Brits. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
So we thought we’d give you a chance to explore the different styles that are available - which include oaked-aged whites and rosados as well as the more familiar reds.
The prize this month, which is sponsored by Wines from Rioja, is a fabulous mixed case from a range of producers, including riojas of different vintages made in the crianza, reserva and gran reserva styles. (For an explanation of the rioja classification see here). The total value of the wines is around £210.
All you have to do to enter the competition is register on the site (and subscribe, if you like, to our free newsletter).
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Friday November 22nd 2013 (now changed to Sunday November 25th) - in time for our winner to get their case for Christmas!
Given the nature of the prize, you must be 18 or over to enter and we're sorry that we can’t dispatch prizes to those of you who live outside the UK. For other terms and conditions see below:
To enter our competition, you must be signed in to the site.
If you aren't a member yet, you can click here to register now.
Once you've signed in, come back to this page and you'll be able to enter our competition.
Terms & conditions:
1. This prize draw is open to all UK residents of 18 or over, other than freelances or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, and employees of Wines from Rioja, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary. You simply need to have registered on the site and subscribe to the mailing list.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible.
4. The prize consists of the case of rioja specified above. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Friday November 22nd 2013 (now changed to Sunday November 25th). The winner will be drawn at random from the subscriber database by matchingfoodandwine by November 29th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winners surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after December 1st.