I can’t tell you how gutted I am that competition promoters can’t enter their own draws because this is an insanely good prize. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
I first came across the Chadwick oven a few weeks ago at a food writer friend’s house and had immediate gadget lust.
It’s a fantastic little portable pizza oven which gets up to 500°C** and turns out perfect pizzas - the kind you get in authentic pizzerias - in under 4 minutes.
Even better it’s British-designed and beautiful - like a gleaming flying saucer. The ovens which were designed by Daniel Chadwick (hence the name) are made by hand in Stroud, Gloucestershire (hence the price). It really is a beautiful thing to own (*grinds teeth with envy*). Giorgio Locatelli, Fergus Henderson of St John and Sebastian Conran all have one and love it.
All you have to do to enter the competition is register on the site (and subscribe, if you like, to our free newsletter which regularly contains other prizes and offers).
You can even enter if you don’t live in the UK as Chadwick ships internationally and is prepared to send this prize anywhere in the world. Except Denmark. They tell me it costs a fortune to ship to Denmark but they’ll probably relent if a Dane wins it . . .
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday, August 8th 2013. For other terms and conditions see below.
** You might want to note that the oven only works on gas so you might have to give it away if you cook on an electric or induction hob. Which would be a tragedy.
To enter our competition, you must be signed in to the site.
If you aren't a member yet, you can click here to register now.
Once you've signed in, come back to this page and you'll be able to enter our competition.
Terms & conditions:
1. This prize draw is open to all UK residents of 18 or over, other than freelances or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, employees of Chadwick Oven and their associated companies, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary. You simply need to have registered on the site and subscribe to the mailing list.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible.
4. The prize consists of a Chadwick pizza oven. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday August 8th 2013. The winner will be drawn at random from the subscriber database by matchingfoodandwine by August 12th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winner's surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org after August 19th