November is typically a time you spend stressing about what to buy for friends and family so we thought you might like a prize that any winelover would covet, all for yourself. And the lovely London-based wine accessories shop Around Wine came up with the goods. THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
It’s four beautiful Bordeaux glasses from the acclaimed Austrian glass manufacturer Zalto together with a matching Mystique Magnum decanter that will - as the name suggests - hold a magnum of wine.
Although designated as suitable for Bordeaux, the glasses, which are worth £30 each, are designed to accentuate the specific character of other reds including Rioja, Brunello, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Shiraz. The £65 decanter which, like the glasses, is made from hand-blown, lead-free crystal will also do a great job of aerating a standard bottle.
I went to a Zalto dinner a while back and can vouch that their glassware is really lovely to handle. They feel delicate and fragile yet are surprisingly strong. And if you haven’t tried drinking from a glass of that quality before you’ll be amazed at the impact on the taste of your wine.
All you have to do to enter the competition is register on the site (and subscribe, if you like, to our free newsletter).
Unfortunately, given the nature of the prize, we can’t admit entries from those of you who live outside the UK.
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Friday, December 14th. For other terms and conditions see below.
To enter our competition, you must be signed in to the site.
If you aren't a member yet, you can click here to register now.
Once you've signed in, come back to this page and you'll be able to enter our competition.
Terms & conditions:
1. This prize draw is open to all UK residents of 18 or over, other than freelances or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, employees of Around Wine and Zalto and their associated companies, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary. You simply need to have registered on the site and subscribe to the mailing list.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible.
4. The prize consists of 4 Zalto Bordeaux glasses and a Zalto Mystique Magnum decanter. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Friday December 14th 2012. The winner will be drawn at random from the subscriber database by matchingfoodandwine by December 19th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. The winners surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after December 19th
The winner of the case of Cloudy Bay in our last competition was Kate from Rugby