In case it’s escaped your notice (hello, chaps!) it’s Valentine’s Day in 2 weeks time so time to start thinking about spoiling your significant other. And what better prize could we offer for this month than a bottle - or three - of bubbly? THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED.
I’ve recommended Laurent-Perrier loads of times as the perfect Valentine’s rosé but they kindly threw in two of their other cuvées (and a limited Roja Dove Ambre candle worth £75) so you can celebrate your birthday and anniversary in style too. That’s £200 worth of goodies!
A bit about the champagnes:
Laurent-Perrier Cuvée Rosé
A hugely pretty fizz with a hint of wild strawberries but with the elegance and structure to stand up to many dishes such as pata negra ham, marinated raw fish, soft, creamy cheeses such as Chaource and even desserts made with fresh raspberries or strawberries. You could also drink it with Cantonese or other light Asian-influenced dishes such as sushi.
Stocked in Sainsbury’s, Oddbins, Waitrose (selected stores) Selfridges, Majestic. RRP £55.99
A chardonnay-dominated blend that accentuates the house style of freshness, lightness, and elegance. Obviously a good aperitif and accompaniment for fish and seafood but interestingly it’s paired with a rich dish of pork and beans (potée) on their website by sommelier David Biraud, which shows it has the body to stand up to richer dishes. (I can also recommend it with fish and chips!)
Stocked in Waitrose, Oddbins, Majestic, Harrods and Selfridges. RRP £35.99
Laurent-Perrier Vintage 2004
A 50/50 blend of pinot noir and chardonnay from champagnes that have been aged for at least 7 years this is LP’s latest vintage release, described by David Hesketh MW as “distinctive for its golden yellow colour and fruity character, marked by top notes of candied pineapple and lower notes of poached Mirabelle plums. The taste is well-rounded with a hint of white peaches, developing into a complex, fresh finish.” That extra complexity enables it to partner richer dishes such as terrine of young rabbit with hazelnuts, seabass with a citrus cream sauce, or an aged Comté cheese.
Stocked in Sainsbury's, Harrods, Wine Rack, Fortnum & Mason and Majestic, RRP £43.99
Sound good? All you have to do to enter the competition is register on the site (and subscribe, if you like, to our free newsletter. Don’t worry we don’t bombard you with mail - we’re too inefficient to send out newsletters more than once a month.)
Given the nature of the prize, you must be 18 or over to enter and we can’t dispatch prizes to those of you who live outside the UK. Sorry about that!
The closing date for the competition is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday, February 28th 2013. Too late for you to receive it for Valentine’s Day, obviously but no reason not to be romantic the other 364 days of the year, eh?
For other terms and conditions see below.
To enter our competition, you must be signed in to the site.
If you aren't a member yet, you can click here to register now.
Once you've signed in, come back to this page and you'll be able to enter our competition.
Terms & conditions:
1. This prize draw is open to all UK residents of 18 or over, other than freelances or contractors employed by matchingfoodandwine.com, and employees of Laurent-Perrier, and their associated companies, their respective families and agents or anyone directly connected to the prize draw
2. No purchase is necessary. You simply need to have registered on the site and subscribe to the mailing list.
3. Entries submitted through third parties or agents will not be eligible.
4. The prize consists of 3 bottles of Laurent-Perrier champagne and a Roja Ambre candle as specified above. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered
5. The closing date for entry to the draw is 11.59pm GMT on Thursday February 28th 2013. The winner will be drawn at random from the subscriber database by matchingfoodandwine by March 4th and will be notified by e-mail.
6. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
The winners surname and country of residence will be made available by sending an email to email@example.com after March 11th.